Our Hearts of Wulin Project page can be found here.
The public playtest materials for Hearts of Wulin are now available on our project page! These materials are not final, and they’re missing a lot of support text, but they represent the most up-to-date version of the game. Everything you need to run a short campaign of Hearts of Wulin can be found inside the folder on the site. We will additionally be adding an updated character keeper for those of you who want to play online.
Please, please, PLEASE help us spread the word about the playtest materials. We want to put them in the hands of as many people as possible. If you have an account on Reddit, RPG.net, MeWe, or other places The Gauntlet has little presence, we would definitely appreciate you sharing the link. If you decide to share Hearts of Wulin, we prefer you share the full webpage so folks can also sign up for the mailing list and forums, but if it makes sense to just share the link to the folder, that’s fine, too.
If you have had a chance to play Hearts of Wulin or if you have read the playtest materials, we would love for you to join the feedback thread on the forums, also linked on the site. We still have a long way to go on this journey, but this is a major step! And, as always, thanks so much for your support!
- Hearts of Wulin: My overview of the game itself
- Finding Wuxia Dramas: Where I look at some of the sources for these stories and how to track down Chinese wuxia shows.
- 18 Wulin Starters: Introductory situations GMs can use to kick off a wuxia campaign.
- Factions in Action: For ideas on how to use factions in campaigns.
- Hearts of Wulin: Book Three: Session 1: A written session report on the last leg of a trilogy campaign.
And if you just can't get enough information about Hearts of Wulin, don't miss the twitter megathread!
We hope you'll check it out!