CASEFILE: VALEDICTORY SUNRISE
BACKGROUND: In 2009, Harris Perkins, founder and CEO of Remility, was found dead of an apparent suicide. The security firm had been going through financial fluctuations over the previous 11 months, including questions of audits. In mid-2015 DG received certain information suggesting Perkins involvement with occult activities, including possibly The Cult of Transcendence, Last Dawn, and/or Wecthammer. This was considered low priority, but a DG team was dispatched on an operation AZIMUTH PRIME to look into a particular lead in May 2016.
The team vanished after arriving apparently on site. At the time, due to changes in the government as well as the decentralized nature of DG, no follow up was possible.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS HIGHLY SENSITIVE
The video is non-professional and it takes you a second to realize that it must be coming from some kind of body cam of someone [SUBJECT ONE]. There’s some muffled and indistinct conversation. Two other persons are in what appears to be a generic meeting room. Two other people are in the room [SUBJECT TWO], Asian male mid-40’s, dressed informally and [SUBJECT THREE], Caucasian male, in his 50s or 60s, dressed more formally.
Though at first you hear the voice of SUBJECT ONE, indicating it is a woman, the audio is then cut off. For the next couple of minutes the three appear to be engaged in casual conversation. Coffee is made and passed around. There’s some reference to materials on phones and one a tablet. It looks like the start of a briefing or planning meeting.
The door opens—and behind the person entering [SUBJECT FOUR]—you can see a window, indicating this is taking place either at night or early morning. SUBJECT FOUR is a male, later 30’s, possibly Hispanic. While he’s dressed formally, the clothing looks shabby or disheveled. SUBJECT ONE, who seems to be in charge, stands. There’s an exchange of words, you suspect a pass code and response. From the look on the faces of SUBJECT TWO and THREE, the exchange seems hesitant—as if SUBJECT FOUR has only some of it right.
SUBJECT FOUR draws a gun and shoots SUBJECT ONE and TWO in quick succession. The camera’s image falls back and then begins to slide slowly down. SUBJECT THREE returns fire, trying to gain cover, but he is shot and killed. The exchange of fire happens in a moment.
SUBJECT FOUR can be seen moving around the scene, gathering up cell phones and the tablet, Blood on his clothing indicates he has been shot in the leg. He leaves. The video continues for a moment. The audio comes back in and you hearing the rasping death gurgles of SUBJECT ONE before the video ends.
This video was taken two days ago. That is a Delta Green team, getting ready to work on a case. Some of the team had worked together before. The fourth member of the cell was found in her car in the parking lot, shot twice in the head. We suspect SUBJECT FOUR killed her and then entered the building.
SUBJECT FOUR is Ken Petkovsky, one of the missing team from Operation AZIMUTH PRIME.
Please note that this video was recorded in direct contravention with operational procedures. We do not know when this cell leader began recording operations, but we are looking into it. We believe that choice to be unrelated to what transpired—instead we suspect it indicative of paranoia and possible instability in that operative.
What will follow after your operational orders is a reconstruction, as best as we can establish, of the parameters of AZIMUTH PRIME.
OPERATION VALEDICTORY SUNRISE MISSION GOALS
- Head to AZIMUTH PRIME target location. As far as possible, confirm and complete earlier mission parameters.
- Find out the fate of all four team members of AZIMUTH PRIME operation.
- Determine purpose of Petkovsky’s actions and diagnose connection to original AZIMUTH PRIME operation.
- Sanction Petkovsky
- If possible, determine how Petkovsky obtained information on a DG mission in progress.
Background: OPERATION AZIMUTH PRIME (May 2016)
- Ken Petkovsky, CIA
- Maurice Craft, FBI Field Agent (Florida Office)
- Linda Mize, EPA Manager, Midwest
- Cortez Noragula, DoD Intelligence Analyst
We have intelligence suggesting that Harris Perkins, the late founder and CEO of Remility (a private security contractor), may have had occult connections prior to his apparent suicide in 2008. This has come up again as new information suggests that certain facilities were built and then “fell off the books” around the time of his death. As well, several off-shore funds vanished which seemed to be connected to these. (Details appended)
It may well be that this is purely a standard financial or standard crime. If so, leave and notify the proper authorities.
- Assess the status of the sites
- Figure out any local connections, criminal or otherwise, to Harris Perkins
- Ascertain any occult or unnatural connection in the site or area
- If occult or unnatural forces are present in the area, neutralize these.
Given the insular nature of the community and historical suspicion of certain Federal Authorities, you will be going in as two teams. Petkovsky and Noragula will be going in as nature documentarians scouting locations with connections to the University of Alabama and the National Park Service. You will scout the general area and Noragula will provide communications support. Craft and Mize will be going in as EPA inspectors—checking the state of Remility closed sites as well as two major local businesses: an online sales returns/reclamation center and a licensed medical marijuana grow lab.
Several incidents in recent months have connected with previous investigations and confirmed information from additional sources. These lead back to the Prophets of Meggido and their leader, Art Stanley. Stanley’s background is unclear—there have been several biographies of him released, but none contain facts which can be confirmed.
- Stanley appears on the scene in the late 1980s, at the margins of several militia and domestic terrorism groups. While not directly involved, we can connect several figures to him. During this time he gathers several figures to him.
- Incident-wise, Stanley’s activities seem scattershot. Second-hand, we can connect him to the murder of a lawyer, Georgio Trammel in Los Angles via follower who later died; to providing third-hand support to a militia group attempting to deliver anthrax-laced cash to Las Vegas casinos (certain signifiers point to DG involvement there but no records exist); and we can confirm Stanley travelled to several suspect sites including Red Hook and Groversville as well as locations in England and the Yucatan. He continues to work with religious militia groups through the 1990s.
- In 1999 he begins to gather a largish group of militia and survivalists concerned about Y2K. He recruits carefully and has his followers sever ties with family and friends. Details are scarce, but indications are that Stanley went to an undisclosed location with the group to wait out the New Year. Stanley pops back up on the radar in mid-2000, but no one else associated with the group ever appears.
- Stanley appears connected financially to Richard Kresh and Harris Perkins. Details are absent and apparently removed. Confirmatory records lost in a fire in a Chicago Postal Office DG drop center.
- Stanley begins recruiting for his Prophets of Meggido, drawing on the fringes of folks associated with movements like the Phineas Brotherhood—in particular from Eastern Washington State and the Dakotas. He purchased property in Nevada, adjacent to the IN12 Mound site (Nevada). Over time he would push into the area, building closer and closer. Perkins money may have go into acquisition control of the IN12 (Nevada) site.
- When the US branches of the Cult of Transcendence imploded in the mid-2010s, an organization confirmed to have hypergeometric resources and unnatural connections, Stanley recruits from among disaffected fringe elements from front groups like God’s Apex and the Church of Universal Convergence. We believe that’s when the subject your team eliminated, Keith Hauerwas, was recruited.
- Hypergeometric texts were purchased by Stanley or his agents from the estate of Subject One from Casefile Critical Carbine.
In X days, several of Stanley’s followers will be on trial at the Federal Circuit Courthouse at Carson City, NV approximately two hours away from Hawthorne, NV. The Prophets of Meggido compound is outside Hawthorne. While we do not believe that Stanley himself will be there, we are certain that a substantial number of his people, along with his lieutenant Wayne LaFort, will be present.
We have arranged for the trial to begin later in the day and have made arrangements for several delays. Additionally during the operational window, cell phone traffic will be disrupted.
A separate ATF team will be in position. They will raid and execute a warrant on the Prophets of Meggido compound. At the same time you will enter and carry out your mission responsibilities.
The ATF agent-in-charge, is a DG asset, Kell Abrajan. They will follow your instructions so long as it isn’t in direct contravention of established procedures. You have authority here, but within limits.
YOUR MISSION RESPONSIBILITIES
Arrive in Hawthorne to assess the locals. Lock in support which should be possible given tensions within town—though several PoM people have made their way onto local councils.
- Liaison with Abrajan and coordinate raid. He will provide logistical and munitions support.
- Enter the compound when the ATF does and conduct a separate infiltration.
- Find and sanction Stanley as well as any others who appear to have hypergeometric knowledge or contamination.
- Locate and neutralize the substance found in Michigan operation (Eternal Flesh)
- Locate and neutralize any other hypergeometric infections.
- If there are third party innocents or victims, utilize your best judgment.