Tom & Jason are exploring the sorcerous folly of Michael Prescott's The Sky-Blind Spire!
Overview of The Sky-Blind Spire (00:22)
What we liked about the module (04:41)
Questions we had about the module (10:34)
Chain Lightning Round (14:21)
Managing the weird geometry of The Sky-Blind Spire (15:49)
Using countdown clocks to create an “ecology” within the dungeon (20:40)
Midnight Laser Warrior by Night Satan (28:18)
Book selections (28:40)
The Wicked Idols from the Bleak Hall
- A corpse is seen twitching, as if animated by some unseen force.
- A PC feels the gentle stroke of cold fingertips on the back of their neck...and then nothing.
- A PC begins to hear incessant whispering in his ear, like something is trying to get inside his head.
- A ghost attempts to possess a PC!
The Undines from the Fountain Room
- A slow, ululating song can be heard outside the spire.
- A set of wet, webbed foot prints can be seen in a corridor.
- A character has a brief daydream or hallucination of a strange being at the bottom of the great lake.
- The undines rise from the fountain and attack!
The Dire Pelicans
- Massive gobs of bird shit are spied on an exterior portion of spire.
- An unusually large pile of fish bones is found.
- A near-deafening cacophany of warbling is heard echoing throughout the corridors.
- The dire pelicans strike! (note: this would be a great move in the instance in which the party goes through the dungeon without going into the dire pelicans’ roost. You can have them attack as the party is leaving the tower, and if you have been revealing these countdown items, it won’t feel cheap or as if it’s coming out of nowhere).